Hey everybody!! I’m done with finals, I took a week off to recover, and now I’m trying to blog more often throughout the summer. I also decided to do something I should have done a loooong time ago – have a rating scale for products! It shall be in the form of cat stickers!
Note: I have normal, NC15 skin at the moment.
- ABSOLUTE FAIL. Would not repurchase.
- Meh. Not horrible, but not that good either.
- Hmmm. That’s interesting and I like it enough to use it all.
- Ooohhh. I definitely like this.
- WOW. This stuff is great! *.*
- I LOVE THIS. HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!
These empties built up over the past few months – I have a couple fails and a couple faves in there, and a lot of “pretty goods”!
- I absolutely loved the Clio Gelpresso Waterproof Gel Liner! I had shade #1 Beige Shine. This shade was a pretty champagne color that went well with a lot of my eye looks. I really liked how long-lasting it was and it never budged!! It gave a nice shine effect and was not chunky at all. I will definitely repurchase and get more shades too! Score: 6/6
- The Etude House Eyebrow Pencil lasted me a while and by the end I was actually looking forward to finishing it off. You can tell that the print on the pencil has completely rubbed off. It was a decent pencil and I really liked it, but I’m ready to try something new. I wouldn’t be against repurchasing it in the future though, it’s not a bad price. I still think the Peripera brow pencil is better though. Score: 5/6
- The Innisfree Green Tea Seed Cream was really good! I’d repurchase this if it was on sale, but for now I’m trying other creams that are more budget friendly. It did have a fragrance that dissipated, and it was a nice thick, gel texture that absorbed well. Score: 5/6
- The Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream was good, but I probably won’t repurchase for the price. In fact, my jar still had some product left in it but it was getting too old (over 12 months). I liked it – it did have a fragrance (this whole line does) and the texture reminded me of the Mizon Snail Recovery Gel but thicker. I would just buy the Mizon version instead to be honest. But if you’re willing to shell out for it, it was a decent cream, moisturizing. Score: 3/6
- The Maybelline Color Tattoo Pencil was SUCH a fail. It was sad. I had high expectations because their little color tattoo pots are so good. Application was streaky, it didn’t set, and it creased the heck out of any eyeshadow I put on top. The Wet N Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer was a fail too, it dragged during application, was hard to blend, kind of dry, and it was hard to blend eyeshadow on top of it, too – I even used their brand eyeshadow with it and it creased and melted all over my lid. Both of these products are a 1/6.
- I absolutely LOVE these Yes To Tomatoes Facial Wipes! These are my HG facial wipes if I’m too lazy to do my night routine. Even though I don’t put anything on my skin after using these, I always wake up to blemish-free, calm, radiant-looking skin. I don’t know how they do it!! Score: 6/6
- At the bottom we have an E.L.F. Makeup Mist & Set that I still repurchase. It doesn’t work with all of my makeup, but it is cheap and sets beautifully with the products it does work with. This is my third bottle and I’m already on my fourth. It’s nice to have around. Score: 3/6
- I went through a sample size of the My Beauty Diary Ultra Cleansing Water. It was ok. It wasn’t the best because after using it I did feel some stickiness or tackiness. But it did its job. It didn’t remove very waterproof makeup but otherwise it removed everything on my face. It has a pH of 6 though, and I like my cleansers to be at least 5.5 or less, so I probably won’t be repurchasing this. It was alright though, and I finished the bottle. Score: 3/6
- The TonyMoly Pocket Bunny Moist Mist was ok. I will say I did really like the finish and feel – it helped set my makeup and moisturized my skin a little but the nozzle makes the spray kind of… Chunky? It’s not a fine mist. Also the cap fell off super easy and that grossed me out since I threw it in my purse and backpack and stuff. The cap was never on it if I had it in a bag, so it’s not very portable which kind of defeats the purpose. If it had better packaging and a finer mist I would probably repurchase. The scent is delicious by the way, it’s a creamy peach scent. Score: 3/6
- Etude House I Need You sheet masks are one of my all-time favorite masks to buy. You can get them for $0.60 a piece if you wait for sales and they are effective and cute to boot! These Royal Honey ones have a creamy-type Essence that soothes and moisturizes my skin. Score: 5/6
- Whew. I wouldn’t really recommend these A’Pieu Green Recipe Sheet Masks… Not much essence in the sheet mask, lasted about 10 minutes before falling off my face, and to be honest didn’t do much either. At least they didn’t break me out. Score: 2/6
- I’ve already professed my love for Etude House I Need You Sheet Masks – this Vita Complex one is a clear essence type and it plumps my skin and gives me a glowy complexion. Score: 5/6
- These masks are amazing, the My Scheming Masks! They are incredibly effective for me and they are SO THIN it’s unbelievable, you can barely tell you’re wearing it until it dries out. Since they’re really thin it can be a little harder to apply but it’s not bad, and they allow me to talk and move my face while I’m wearing it so that is a huge plus. The apple one brightens and the snail one heals and moisturizes. The packaging doesn’t lie! Haha. Score: 6/6
- From my last Jolse order I got a couple Lioele samples. I tried the Lioele Fresh Sunscreen SPF 45 PA++. It felt a little moisturizing and it was white, but it blended into my skin after application. I don’t think this had a white cast but I can’t tell for sure. Overall I liked the experience and I might buy it, but I do wish it had better sun protection. Very little fragrance. Score: 5/6
- I really enjoyed the sample of the Lioele Super Gold Snail BB Cream SPF 50+PA+++. Somehow this had better sun protection than the sunscreen? Lol. It did have solid medium coverage, and I was able to use the sample for two days’ worth of application. I tried layering it the second day and it amplified my fine lines a bit so I would only use one layer. But otherwise it was indeed flawless coverage and it had a nice natural finish and you couldn’t tell I had makeup on (it was not heavy). It blended well, absorbed into my skin like a dream, no streaking. Light scent that I didn’t notice really. Kind of a lotion smell. To be honest the only issue was that it was slightly too dark for my skin, I think this fits NC20-25 pretty well. Despite it being too dark for me I was still considering purchasing it, which says something. I like it better than my Missha Snail BB Cream. Score: 5/6
- I bought these at my local Korean grocery store. The Vanedo Beauty Friends masks were ok and I don’t have much to say about them. They had eye flaps but very basic ingredients and the highlight ingredients weren’t at the top of the list. They were ok. Score: 3/6
- The Dermal Red Ginseng Collagen Essence Mask was good – I liked that the ginseng was near the top of the ingredient list. And these are a great deal – you can buy them for super cheap on Amazon. They were good at moisturizing but I’d have to use them more often to see if the ginseng is effective! I would totally repurchase these. Score: 5/6
- The Yes To Carrots Shampoo has been a longtime staple in my hair routine but I recently switched to their coconut one. This carrots version is less moisturizing but it’s still good and it comes in a larger bottle for the same price as the others. I might repurchase it again in the future. Score: 3/6
- This Coppertone Sport Accuspray SPF 30 was a huge flop. I didn’t even finish it. The scent was absolutely unbearable and didn’t go away. It did keep me sunburn free but I’m not even sure this is broad spectrum. Sticky finish. Score: 1/6
I just wanted to add this in even though it’s not empty yet – it is almost empty though. This lasts a long time and it’s a reasonable price, it hydrates and works with most of my makeup, little to no scent, and it’s a fine mist. I’ll probably repurchase this! Score: 4/6
This was just a quick review on each product. Let me know if you have any other questions about the products or miscellaneous! Thanks for reading 🙂 ❤