Hey everyone! My semester is finally over and I have recovered enough to start blogging again! I’ll start with my empties for May!!
I’ll give you a blurb about each and let you know whether I’d repurchase it or not. I have some skincare, makeup and body stuff!
This May I didn’t end up using as many sheet masks as usual, but I’ll catch up in June, haha!
- Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask Pack: This was a gift from a friend and I absolutely loved it! It’s milky essence (my favorite kind), and it was super moisturizing and I woke up with extra clear, plump skin. That’s what I like to see! I’d buy this again.
- Coconut Ultra Hydrating Essence Mask: I got this as a sample from a Jolse order, I believe. This was hydrating, but average. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t bad – I enjoyed it – just not something I’d go out of my way to find again!
- YET Don’t Worry Mask Sheet – Bee My Love/Shimmering: This one I got from my Mask Maven from Beauteque. It was supposed to “leave my skin soft and glowing” and “clean & clear blemishes and impurities”. I thought it was hydrating enough, but I felt like it wasn’t life changing. I try so many masks that it’s gotta really blow my socks off to get me to repurchase outside of that Beauteque subscription! It’s a good mask, though.
- Apieu x Rilakkuma All Clean Lip & Eye Remover: I loved this!! And not just because this limited edition packaging is so adorable – it took off my most extreme waterproof eye makeup with ease and it didn’t irritate my eyes. I’d buy this again!
- Mizon Snail Recovery Gel: This is a millionth repurchase – I’d buy this again, it’s an old staple of mine! I find that it’s the most useful to apply as the last step in my morning routine before my sunscreen. It seems to lock everything in and provide a great base for my makeup. Plus, it’s so cheap! You can get 2 for $10 on Amazon, actually. Otherwise Jolse is my other go-to for this.
- Evas Vitamin Hand: This hand cream is an old favorite and one of the many back-ups I brought back from Taiwan. It is moisturizing, absorbs quickly and only has a light, subtle scent. I don’t like scents that are too strong on my hands because I have delicate clay teaware that I’m around at home and I can’t contaminate them with strong smells!! This stuff is great. I have one more tube left… and then no more… T_T
- CosRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner: To be honest, I’m not siding with the mainstream opinion on this one. I usually like CosRX products, but I really didn’t see what all the hype was about with this. It did nothing for me, personally. I might as well have been spraying water on my face. I found the Pixi Glow Tonic to be much more effective than this one. Plus, besides it not being effective, I hate spray-bottle toners. I use cotton rounds with my toners and I hate having to spray up a huge cloud just to soak my cotton round. I prefer the shake-bottles for toners. I ended up only using this one for when I get out of the shower (if I even remembered to use it), so it took me forever to use up. Meh. The packaging was bad, the product not good – will not repurchase.
- EOS Shave Cream Vanilla Bliss: I loved this stuff! When I use it to shave, I never get razor burn and my legs are always moisturized. I hate having those dry flakes form after shaving and this always prevents that, even in Winter. I’d buy this again! I love Vanilla, too.
- Trader Joe’s Spray Sunscreen: This is my HOLY GRAIL sunscreen for my body, guys. It is hands-down the best I’ve ever come across. It sprays evenly, it is NOT WHITE, you DON’T have to rub it in, and it’s effective, too! It’s a fine spray/mist that is so easy to apply. I never need to ask my SO to get my back when I have this around. It does have a sunscreen smell, but not as bad as the Coppertone sunscreens that I grew up on. Love this thing! I always stock up on several whenever we go to Trader Joe’s. And it’s broad-spectrum, guys! AND it’s affordable! God, I love this stuff.
- Terra Naturi Kompaktpuder: I’m finally retiring this powder! It’s one of my favorites that I brought back from a trip to Germany a loooooong time ago. I also hit pan quite a while ago but I kept trying to dig my powder brush into the crevices, lol. I’m giving up now! “Let it gooooo” comes to mind. I have other powders I need to hit pan on, anyway. This is great for setting any of my foundations and adds coverage. It never looks cakey – would buy again if I could! Sadly, it’s not sold in America as far as I know.
- Heroine Make Volume & Curl Mascara: This stuff is ah-mazing. It gives me va-va-voom volume and length, and I ALWAYS get at least one person asking if I am wearing falsies when I use this. I need to buy another one, stat.
- Jordana Best Lash Extreme Mascara: This doesn’t do as incredible of a job as the Heroine Make, but it’s extremely cheap and does give me great volume and length. The only downside is that it gets crumbly as the day goes on and I get fallout around my eyes. I fix that by using a primer (the Wet N Wild one) and now I don’t have any issues at all with it! It’s my everyday go-to now with the primer, and I’ve already purchased a second tube! o(^_^)o
- Jordana Easyliner in Coffee Bean: This is a great, very cheap twist-up liner that I use for tightlining and my upper lid when I don’t want to think about my liner. Otherwise, I like to use the Holika Holika Jewel-light ones, but I buy this one occasionally when I run out of the Holika Holika and don’t have any back-ups. This one is a great option for those on a tight budget, they work! I’d buy again as needed.
- Holika Holika Jewel-Light Waterproof Liner: This is a pencil that needs to be sharpened. It’s very soft, smudgeable and I find that it doesn’t budge or move around on my eyes when I use it. I love to use this for tightlining! It’s affordable and lasts me a good while before I have to repurchase. Get yourself a good sharpener, though! It helps! I repurchase this one all the time. It’s my HG eye pencil! I have it in Brown Amber, Gold, and Pink Topaz. I’ll get other shades eventually, too!
That’s it for May, stay tuned for my June Empties! o(^_^)o Hope this was helpful for someone out there! Leave a comment below if you’ve tried any of these or if you have any product recommendations! ❤