It’s about time I posted another empties – my box isn’t exactly overflowing, because I wasn’t able to use up as many products this last semester as I wanted to, but these have been sitting in there for months! It’s high time to toss them out!
There will be a blurb about each and how I felt about them, and I’ll break them down into categories – sheet masks, skincare, makeup, body, and samples:
- My Beauty Diary Tranexamic Acid Treatment Mask: I’ve long been a fan of My Beauty Diary masks; I used them all the time when I lived in Taiwan, and they never disappointed me. This mask was no different; I woke up to glowy, even skin that felt hydrated!
- Adeline Keep Cool and Let Shine Mask: I’d never heard of this company and didn’t know what to expect – I knew it would probably be decent because I received it in one of my Beauteque Monthly Mask Maven shipments and they usually don’t send duds. This did help me wake up to moisturized, plump skin that looked more even-toned – I like it! The fit was good and it was an average-thickness mask.
- Secret A Collagen 3 Step Total Facial Mask: This was something that also came in a Mask Maven of mine, and I really enjoyed it! It was one of those sheet masks that also came with a face wash and a cream – great for travel since you don’t have to bother with bringing your tubs/bottles of creams and face wash. I remember the face wash felt really silky and foamed well, the cream was hydrating and the mask was as well. I would have used this again for sure if I had more!
- TonyMoly Chok Chok Green Tea Mask: I reviewed this on my Instagram recently; I liked it, it was hydrating and a good mask overall.
- Repiel Perfect Fit Soothing Mask: I reviewed this one on my Instagram account if you’re curious – it’s one of those biocellulose masks and it comes with two different backings that you have to remove before applying. I remember the first time I used this mask, it didn’t realize it was biocellulose, and it felt super rough and stiff against the skin until I realized I had to remove the backing layers, haha! I haven’t gotten tricked like that in a long time. The mask was great! Very hydrating and plumped up my skin nicely.
- Y.E.T. Infant Mask (Wrinkle): This was okay – I don’t remember being blown away or anything, and I don’t remember feeling like I would purchase this again.
- HiddenCOS Latte Mask: THIS was one of my all-time favorite sheet masks because it was moisturizing, evened out my skin, and it smelled SO good – it smelled like coffee in a really good way. Mmmmmm. Would repurchase this one in a heartbeat!
- Etude House OneShot Morning Gel Cleanser: I would probably buy this again if I wanted something that didn’t foam up – it’s a great gel cleanser that doesn’t strip my skin (and it claims to be at a lower pH). It’s definitely citrus-scented though, so if you don’t like that, it wouldn’t be for you. The smell isn’t overpowering or anything, but it’s definitely there. I also like the fact that the pump can be locked for travel to prevent leakage.
- Soap & Glory Vitamin C Facial Wash: This was just okay. I had heard good things, but on the first use I immediately felt dismayed; it contains those hard “exfoliating” beads that are terrible for the environment. When I saw it in the store I thought that the little pearls of color would dissolve once you move it around on your face, but NOPE. I finished this as soon as I could and I would never buy this again. I suspect the pH wasn’t as great with this either; I felt like it was probably around a 6-7 based on how it made my face feel after using it.
- Wei Foaming Cleanser: I got this sample back when I was still subscribed to the 3B Box. I really enjoyed using this – it has a lovely natural-smelling rose scent, very light – and it foams very well and with very fine bubbles. It doesn’t strip my skin and I enjoyed every last drop! I’d probably buy it again if it had a lower price-point.
- DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: I like this oil – I also got this in my last 3B Box I believe, and I’ve actually used up a whole bottle of this as well (I’ve purchased it in the past, before I received this sample). It’s effective, but not that exciting. Just a really good, dependable cleansing oil!
- Atopalm Real Barrier Extreme Cream: I absolutely loved this cream! Usually I’m not too excited with plain creams, but this one was SO effective that while I had this jar, I didn’t even bother with a full routine – I would just slap this on after cleansing and be done! So if you’re looking for a great one-step routine – this is a great cream for that! It’s not heavy and absorbs quickly, but is very moisturizing.
- Etude House Honey Cera Eye Pack Cream: This lasted forever!! I liked it, and many people do, because it IS moisturizing – but it doesn’t plump up my undereyes like my HG Etude House Collagen eye cream does, so I won’t be repurchasing it for now.
- VENN Age Reversing All-In-One Concentrate: I liked this! If you’re looking for a one-step, lightweight moisturizer you might like this as well. If I wanted more of a moisturizing effect I just used more of it. I probably won’t purchase the full size, though, as I do enjoy multi-step routines most of the time.
- YES to Tomatoes Blemish Clearing Facial Wipes: This is actually almost a full package, but I have to throw it out because it dried up extremely quickly. These packets never used to do that, but somehow this and the previous one I purchased both dried up very quickly, so I’m not sure I want to repurchase it a third time – it used to be a HG face wipe, but now that they’ve been drying up so quickly I’m not sure if I want to buy them again?! What happened to the packaging?! Has anyone else experienced that?
- L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara: This has been my HG mascara for the past few months and these are my 2nd and 3rd tubes of it. I currently am working through an Essence mascara, but I will definitely be getting more of these in the future! They give excellent volume and length to my lashes and it doesn’t crumble or smudge throughout the day.
- Kneipp Foaming Bath Salt (Relax): My German pen pal sent me this in a care package, and I enjoyed it, but it was definitely very floral – heavy on the scent! So if you don’t like strong scents, I would’t recommend it. It did feel nice! Kneipp is my favorite company for bath oils!
- Method Moisturizing Body Wash (Magnolia): I’ve been really enjoying the Method body washes because they actually leave my skin feeling moisturized and it still foams up very well with my luffa! This scent, while floral, was subtle and very nice.
- Enprani Fondant Cheese Foundation: I didn’t think this foundation was that great, but I have found that sometimes the sample packets don’t represent how the actual product works, so I could be wrong. Anyone else try this foundation? It didn’t last long on me and the texture didn’t impress me at all.
- TonyMoly BCDation foundation: I’ve gotten several samples of this foundation in the past from Jolse and I always enjoy using it – I haven’t gotten around to buying the full size just because of the sheer amount of foundations I own, but once I free up some space I might get the full bottle! It’s a medium-coverage foundation that leaves a glowy finish and lasts a good 8-hour day depending on how you apply it. I’ve reviewed it before as well!
- TonyMoly Goat Milk Premium Moisture Cream: I really enjoyed using this cream! It’s very moisturizing and does well at night and even under makeup! I don’t recall it having a scent.
- Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream: This was okay – I wasn’t that impressed by it. It didn’t do anything exciting and was hydrating, but I’ve definitely reviewed and tried much more effective creams. I know this one is popular, but personally I think the serum in this line is much more effective.
- TonyMoly Intense Care Gold 24K Snail Eye Cream: I liked this eye cream, but it was nothing special. It was moisturizing but not groundbreaking.
- TonyMoly Chok Cook Green Tea Watery Cream: This cream was better than the Mizon All In One, even, it was hydrating but not heavy and did well in evening out my skin tone over night.
- Ceragem The Starry Night Pack: This surprised me! I didn’t know what to expect from this but it really locked everything in overnight and I woke up to super glowy, moisturized skin. Never heard of the company on this one and not sure where to buy it! Maybe Jolse has it for sale since they sent me the sample?
- Mizon Snail Repair Intensive Ampoule: I LOVE this stuff! I’ve gone through a bottle in the past (a long time ago) and haven’t gotten around to buying it again, but it’s been in my cart a few times. Next time I run out of my essence/serum/whatever, I’ll buy this one for sure! I miss it! It makes my skin feel silky smooth and hydrated!
- It’s Skin AC Serum: This… I’m not sure it does anything? I have a packet full of samples of this stuff and I’ve been trying to work through them, but it’s hard because I really don’t think it does anything for me. Oh well! Has anyone had success with this one?
That sums up my empties this month! I’m going to try to work through a lot more products over the next month to give myself an excuse to buy new things to try! Wish me luck! Leave me a comment below if you have any suggestions on products to try! ❤